It’s Been A Long Week: Persephone Punch
As true believers of the work hard, play hard mantra, we present you with It’s Been a Long Week, a weekly column aimed at awarding some liquid appreciation to you for just being yourself, dammit. Make yourself a glass or two, on us — you deserve it.
January is lingering on a bit too long and it is surely appropriate to take out the mezcal! It’s just one of those sweet libations that works better than any astrologist and will tell you everything about you after a glass or five. And for an extra kick, we’ve chosen a cocktail from Gem & Bolt mezcal which is infused with damiana herb. Salud!
(Makes 20 cocktails)
- 1 750ml bottle of GEM&BOLT
- 1 750ml bottle of dry sparkling wine (Cava preferred)
- Mulled Pomegranate Batch (see recipe below)
Mulled Pomegranate Batch Recipe:
- 1 liter of Pomegranate juice (Pom Wonderful or other no-sugar added juice)
- 2 tsp Juniper berries
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 2 star anise pods
- Combine all in a large glass or Cambro. Refrigerate for approx. 8 hours (overnight.) Strain and discard spices.
- Combine in punchbowl over ice, or serve directly in rocks glass of choice
- Garnish with orange ½ wheels, pomegranate seeds, and star anise pods