It’s Been A Long Week: Cointreau Mulled Cider
As true believers of the work hard, play hard mantra, we present you with It’s Been a Long Week, a weekly column aimed at awarding some liquid appreciation to you for just being yourself, dammit. Make yourself a glass or two, on us — you deserve it.
Autumn is sweeping the planet with updated trench coats, knits, and a chilly fashion week in Europe. We’ve prepared ourselves for such a turn of events with a warm cocktail that’s really just a cider (if you don’t count the alcohol %.) Featuring all the spices of fall– cinnamon, star anise, clove, oranges, and apples, our Mulled Cider is a great way to transition into warm-everything. Take a peek at the recipe below:
- 12 oz Cointreau
- 32 oz Cider
- 6 oz Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 2 Whole Star Anises
- 2 Whole Cloves
- 2 Oranges (thinly sliced)
- 1 Apple (thinly sliced)
- In a large saucepan, bring cider, lime, fruit & spices to a boil.
- Cover & remove from heat.
- Add the Cointreau last and steep for at least 20 minutes.
- Divide among individual mugs & serve hot.
- Garnish with a fresh cinnamon stick & a slice of apple or orange.