WHAT TO WEAR TO YOUR LABOR DAY EVENT
- Published on Friday, 24 August 2012 12:00
- Evan Ross Katz
- 0 Comments
Labor Day is the annual warning bell: Summer is accelerating to a sprint, the finish line is in sight, and you did not work this hard to go home empty handed. Life gets compacted for a brief moment in an effort to look back on this summer with a fond smirk. Whether you’re celebrating with friends or strangers, on a yacht or a rooftop, with a Stella or a PBR, Labor Day is an occasion to look and feel your sharpest. It’s a time to hint at the future (bucket hats), while paying homage to the past (we’ll all miss our boat shoes). It’s a vacillation between seasons, allowing shorts to meet sweaters for a brief jamboree. Leave the political statements to the red and blue, kiss the bright white goodbye, and embrace this time of great joy, surrounded by smiles and serenades. And if asked, be ready with a good toast.
1) River Island - White Burger Print T-Shirt$25 at riverisland.com2) Acne - Max Soft Raw Slim-Fit Jeans$230 at mrporter.com3) Maison Martin Margiela - Metal-Effect High-Shine Leather Oxford Shoes$865 at mrporter.com4) DSQUARED2 - Brown Distressed Leather Armlet$115 at ssense.com5) Persol - Black Steve McQueen Sunglasses$316 at my-wardrobe.com6) Billykirk x Opening Ceremony - Simple Tote (Red Multi)$210 at openingceremony.us7) St. Germain$ Depends at a store near you.
Accentuating The Remains of Your Summer Body
1) ATM Anthony Thomas Melillo - Slub Crewneck Tee$29 at barneys.com2) Y3 - Iron Knit Hoody$238 at ssense.com3) Swim-Ology - Swim Trunks (Indigo Navy)$139 at odinnewyork.com4) Golden Goose - Red And White Zebra Hanami Shoes$148 at ssense.com5) Will Leather Goods - Bandana Carry All (Tan)$95 at willlearthergoods.com6) Michael Young for EOps + Coca-Cola - Noisezero Sport Earphones$134 at oki-ni.com7) Kiehl's - Vital Sun Protection Loton SPF 40$20 at kiehls.com
You're on a Yacht so Look Like it!
1) Polo Ralph Lauren - Classic-Fit Short-Sleeved Striped Vintage (Chic Cream)$95 at bloomingdales.com2) J. Crew - Stanton Short in Tie-Dye Indigo$50 at jcrew.com3) The Frye Company - Sully Boat (Dark Brown)$148 at thefryecompany.com4) Ksubi - Black & Silver Cisco Aviators$220 at ssense.com5) Prada - Printed Tote (Blue)$395 at saksfifthavenue.com6) Miansai by Michael Saiger - Hook Bracelet$55 at miansai.com7) Brooks Brothers - As Gentleman Would Say By John Bridges and Bryan Curtis (Hardcover Book)$32 at mrporter.com8) Tantum - Bucket Hat$95 at norsestore.com9) Boss Green - Printed Windbreaker$495 at saksfifthavenue.com
The Last Hurrah of Bright White
1) Comme Des Garcons - Shirt Men's Panelled Back T-shirt$110 at oki-ni.com2) Hentsch Man - Bermuda$105 at yoox.com3) Marc Jacobs - Men's Hightop Sneaker$354 at oki-ni.com4) Anderson's - Elasticated Woven Belt$115 at mrporter.com5) Warby Parker - Rafferty Aqua Tonic$95 at warbyparker.com6) Diesel - Large Round Dial Chronograph Watch$225 at nordstrom.com7) Shipley & Halmos - Banks Canvas Artist Tote$195 at shipley-halmos.com
What the Host is Wearing
1) Topman - Blue Contrast Slub Short-Sleeve Shirt$64 at topman.com2) Thom Browne - Slim School Trouser$1655 at barneys.com3) Comme Des Garcons Homme Plus - Black Steer Perforated Shoes$725 at ssense.com4) Tom Ford - Henry$490 at barneys.com5) Happy Socks - Stripe Half Combed Cotton$12 at happysocks.com6) Bottega Veneta - Woven Leather Bracelet$240 at mrporter.com7) Hermes - Poker Cards$85 at usa.hermes.com