It’s Been A Long Week: Grapefruit Gentian Amaro Highball
As true believers of the work hard, play hard mantra, we present you with It’s Been a Long Week, a weekly column aimed at awarding some liquid appreciation to you for just being yourself, dammit. Make yourself a glass or two, on us — you deserve it.
It’s that in-between time where long weekends are near — and those surely call for tequila. LVMH’s own Volcán tequila makes the perfect base for an amaro highball: a tad bit of sweet to complement the tequila. Prepared by Instagram’s own @gastronomista, the cocktail is the way to sliding into unlimited summer boozing with fresh Mexican holy water.
- 1 oz Volcán de mi Tierra Blanco tequila
- 1 oz Gentian Amaro
- 1 oz Italian Pompelmo Grapefruit soda
- Lime juice for rim & lime wheel for garnish
- Grapefruit peel for garnish
- Rim a highball glass with fresh lime juice and dip in salt
- Build ingredients in a glass over large cubes of ice
- Top with grapefruit soda
- Garnish with a lime wheel and a grapefruit express